If your package was shipped incorrectly, damaged or defective please contact us promptly so we can investigate each situation. Do not throw away product if you are reporting it damaged or defective. If you need to return an item, require a re-shipment, or would like to request a refund, simply login to your account, view the order using the “Orders” link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you of the progress via e-mail of your request.
General Shipping Information
All shipping orders are typically shipped on Monday’s. Orders will be shipped out on other days of the week if the package will arrive before the weekend. If an order is placed later in the week, but won’t be delivered until the following week, we will wait until Monday to ship it to avoid having packages sit with UPS over the weekend. There is no Saturday delivery. If you would like to expedite a package, you can do so at checkout.
Shipping During Summer Months
During Summer months we are shipping products on Monday’s only, all orders have to be in by 12pm on Monday in order to go out by Monday at 4pm. We may require expedited shipments during warmer months, and please note that there may be an upcharge due to the ice packs and cooler boxes.
During the 2022 Holidays
- Monday, November 14th is the last day we guarantee for Thanksgiving.
- Monnday, December 19th is the last day we guarantee for Christmas & New Years
- AFTER THE WEEK OF DECEMBER 19TH WE WILL NOT SHIP AGAIN UNTIL THE NEW YEAR.
Decatur Dairy is not responsible for packages that UPS loses, damage, or packages that are stolen. Our standard shipping procedure is UPS Ground. Transit time may vary depending on where or when the product is to be shipped and the volume companies are handling when you order is sent. You may choose to expedite your order when placing it. If you have a question regarding shipment pricing or transit time, please feel free to call us at (608) 897-8661, we will do our best to answer any questions or concerns.
- All orders placed online need to submit an email address in order to receive tracking information for your package.
- All orders placed via phone will require email information, this way your tracking information will be sent directly to you when package is sent.
- If you have questions about your tracking number please submit a request under the Contact tab on our website.
Do’s & Don’ts
- We do not use Dry Ice
- We do not send to PO Boxes
- We can ship to virtually any address in the US (excluding AK, HI)
- Please check that all addresses are correct or there will be a charge due to undeliverable and/or wrong addresses. We do not honor reshipments due to incorrect addresses.
- When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping options you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
- All shipments are sent by dates ordered and destination zones where packages are being sent. Example (California is a zone 7 which takes 5-7 days for shipment to arrive, zones 7 will be sent on Mondays only unless otherwise directed by customer or next day air, 2nd day, or 3 day select is chosen).
- We are open Monday thru Saturday 8am-5pm, all orders placed outside these hours will not be received until the following working day. We do not ship products on Saturday. Sunday we are closed.
- When placing an order you will receive automatic emails detailing the status of your order placed. If you require tracking information, please request in the special instructions.
- Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. Food items include the weight of packaging (ice packs, foil liners, styrofoam) to ensure quality. To reflect the policies of the shipping options we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.
Products subject to availability and prices are subject to change without notice.