Our Facility


In 1941, 20 members of the Coldren Cheese Company, owned by the late C.J. Coldren, held a meeting to discuss the possibility of building a new cheese factory

The current factory was too small to accommodate their needs, so they purchased 3/4 of an acre of land on October 15, 1941 from the late Frank Culles for the new factory site. The new factory was completed in 1942 and they created a new cooperative, naming it “Decatur Swiss Cheese Co-op.”

More About UsGo Shopping